Known as the oasis of sun, sea and sand, Montego Bay, Jamaica is sure to please any vacationer looking for a relaxing yet memorable getaway. With everything that this tropical hot spot has to offer, here are some tips and recommendations to ensure you make the most out of your Jamaican vacation.
1. There is no need to exchange currencies. U.S. dollars are gladly accepted there.
2. Horseback riding along the beach in Montego Bay is unforgettable.
3. Invest in a beachfront room category, trust me, it’s worth it!
4. Take the snorkel cruise from Montego Bay. It’s a three-hour sailing tour with snorkeling along the Jamaican coast from Montego Bay. Enjoy terrific snorkeling at Montego Bay Marine Park, a protected reef area home to a diverse array of tropical fish. Snorkeling gear and instruction, pickup and drop-off from Montego Bay hotels is included.
5. Careen down water slides or jump on a trampoline at Margaritaville, depending on the weather. Sip rum punch or other drinks from an open bar of selected drinks on board. Listen to Caribbean beats and learn some local dance moves from the crew. Margaritaville is in walking distance to restaurants, shopping, ships stop over and clubs.
6. Pick a resort that has 24-hour room service, because there’s always something to do and you will get hungry late at night.
7. Be sure to check out Dunn’s River Falls. This is a must see while in Montego Bay!
8. It is not a good idea to venture out on your own as it can be dangerous. If you are not going out as part of a tour you can have the resort call you a driver who can take you where you need to go. If you're booking a taxi or shuttle, be sure to reserve one with a red plate. These are the licensed and insured drivers. If anything happens, you're covered.
9. The sun is very strong in Montego Bay. Be sure to apply sunscreen often and drink plenty of water.
10. Montego Bay is home to some of the best golf courses. If you love golf make sure to make time to check some of them out during your stay.
11. Montego Bay is characterized by a wet season from May to November, which coincides with the hurricane season, and a dry season from December to April. Plan your trip accordingly.
12. Be sure to check out the famous Chillin Games Room. If you’re into snowboarding, bring yours along as they offer all kinds of activities where you can hit their artificial snow slopes.
Have you been to Montego Bay? Do you have any other tips to add? Comment below!
Until next time!